How to apply?
The Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa accepts applications for Tazkira, which will be issued in Kabul in absence of the applicants, only from those Afghan citizens who are residing in Canada. Please make sure that you have all documents available before depositing service fee to the Embassy’s bank account. The Embassy cannot return the service fee to the applicants, if their supporting documents are not complete. Applications for authentication of documents can be made either in in-person or by post. Applications must be accompanied by the original form of the document which requires authentication.
Checklist of requirements
- Applicants should be present at the Consular Section of the Embassy for finger print.
- Fill out the application form.
- Two photos of 2 X 2 inches
- Copy of a relative’s Tazkira (i.e. Tazkira of father, brother, uncle or a relative from father side)
- Photocopy of document verifying your legal status in Canada, such as passport, PR card, etc.
- Documents verifying your current address, such as driving license, utility bills or similar documents.
Fees and method of payment
(All charges are in USD)
All applicants are, hereby, notified that they should make sure to have all required supporting documents available before depositing service fee to the Embassy’s bank account. The Embassy cannot return the service fee to the applicants, if their supporting documents are not complete, which in turn delays provision of the consular service to the applicants.
|Issuance of Tazkira in Absence of the Applicant||Gratis|
|Postage cost||USD 16
Payble only to Bank Postal Account
- All consular charges are ONLY payable in USD. Payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
- All consular charges must be paid The Embassy Bank Account in Ottawa ’.
- Payment by cash, personal cheques or bank transfer will not be accepted.
Embassy address and opening hours
The opening hours of the Embassy’s Consular Section are as follows:
Monday through Friday from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 4pm.
The Consular Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Postal applications must be sent by REGISTERED MAIL to the Embassy’s address below.
Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa
240 Argyle Avenue
Ottawa, ON K2P 1B9
The Embassy will not take any responsibility for loss of documents which are not sent as registered mail.
Applications will be processed in order of their receipt by the Consular Section. Applications that are incomplete and/or are missing necessary documentation will not be processed.
All original documents submitted as part of application for marriage certificate will be returned to the applicant after the due process.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS
If you have read the information above and are ready to apply, print the following forms from our website as appropriate:
Application form for absent tazkira: [APPLICATION FORM ENGLISH]
Have any questions or need more information?
For further information, or if you want to discuss your application, please contact the Consular Section during its opening hours (Monday through Friday from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 4pm).
Embassy of Afghanistan, Ottawa
240 Argyle Avenue
Ottawa, ON K2P 2B9