The embassy validates documents issued by any Canadian institute or entity and authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Canada and documents issued in Afghanistan and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan.
Documents that are authentication in the Afghan Embassy or a designated Consulate in Canada also needs to be verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan.
List of documents for attestations:
- Death certificate
- Illness certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce certificate
- Celibacy certificate
- Driving license
- Educational certificate
- Professional credentials
- Business documents
- Custom documents
- Commercial documents
Requirements for Documents Attestation:
Below are the requirements for authenticating documents:
- Document Authentication Form
- Original document(s)
- Documents verifying current residency status in Canada such as Permanent Resident Card, Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant Document, Visa, and the like
- Documents verifying current address such as driver’s license, utility bills or similar documents
- Document authentication fee (USD 55) – must be directly deposited to Afghanistan Embassy TD Bank Account (Click here for account information)
- NOTE: Authentication of a document that has been attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul does not have any applicable charges.